Work With Us - Careers at Green Tomato Cars
At Green Tomato Cars we care about everything we do, so if you want to be part of a workplace that will both challenge and care for you, then take a look at our current vacancies.
Starting your career with us
We are always looking for exciting motivated people to join us here at Green Tomato Cars. We span 3 sites throughout London and we enjoy a healthy balance of working hard, interoffice socializing and doing our bit within the community.
Become part of our Green culture
Here at Green Tomato Cars we pride ourselves on not only being London’s number one environmentally friendly taxi company, but having a core set of employee influenced company values which we live and breathe:
- We are ethical
- We care about everything we do
- We improve every day
- We deliver great customer service
Our people are at the heart of everything we do
For us to achieve as a business, we recognise that our people are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to go the extra mile for our employees, not just our customers. We are always looking for fresh tomatoes to join our budding team and we aim to handpick new recruits who share our vision, live and breathe our values, to create a more sustainable environment. Balancing our highly motivated team members’ drive to succeed with company values and ethos is very important to us, which means we have a very robust employee benefits package. The wide range on offer means that there is something for everyone, from green travel initiatives, to employee assistance programs, referral schemes and above award annual leave entitlements. We are constantly seeking employee feedback on our company benefits and continue to roll our new incentives and recognition schemes, taking care of employee wellness, community initiatives and family friendly benefits. We aim to make every journey matter, including your career journey! If you would like to become a green tomato and become part of our journey, then why don’t you buckle up, take a seat and look at our vacancies list below.
We want to hear from you
Each vacancy expands with further details about the role and how to apply via the website. Alternatively submit your CV and covering letter directly to us via email at [email protected]
We currently have: 1 job available
PAYE and Self-Employed Private Hire (PCO) licence Driving Opportunities - Company and Owner Drivers Welcome
This driver role is for employed or self-employed Drivers looking to provide a first-class professional and safe chauffeuring service to our fast-growing customer base throughout London.
There is a strong focus on finding the right people – you will be hands-on and grounded. You will take your time with people and be relationship and service-focused with naturally good communication skills. Scheduling and timing will be important to you and you will be a great team player.
If this does not match your personality, this is not the right driving role for you.
It is essential you have a UK driving licence and excellent customer service, and ideally have a PCO licence. however we are willing to cover the cost of obtaining this licence.
We are a pioneering advocate of clean energy and leading the way in providing the largest zero emissions fleet of vehicles in Europe, with FTSE 250 and other leading businesses as our predominant customer base. You will be a dedicated and passionate individual who strives for excellence in what you do.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-police and -military personnel, and those with an excellent track record of customer service experience, with the personal traits outlined above are strongly encouraged.
- Keeping vehicle immaculately presented
- Be highly presentable
- Plan journeys, arrive in good time, confirm route with client before setting off
- Respectfully greet customers
- Service-focused – providing assistance to client; such as opening doors or handling luggage
- Maintain high road-safety and driving standards
- Provide any additional assistance at the end of the journey
- Make sure possessions have not been forgotten
- Think about the customer – seek to resolve any non-satisfactory issues in regards to the client’s journey
- Being a strong team player – be knowledgeable in the Company’s services offered and provide informed responses to customer requests
- Excellent customer service
- Hands-on and grounded
- Naturally good communication skills
- UK driving licence (max 6 points subject to exceptions)
- Be professional and calm under pressure
- Have excellent verbal and written English communication
- Good time management and route planning skills
- Discretion, comfortable working in close proximity with high profile individuals
- Highly presentable
- PCO licence (private hire licence)
- Previous driving experience in a similar environment
Earnings / Salary
- Employed drivers will benefit from a basic salary paid hourly plus bonus and benefits
- Self-employed drivers will have realistic potential to earn on average £650 per week
- Full training and support
- Company car and fuel subsidy (discussed further at interview stage)
- Further details to be discussed at interview stage
Think you're the right person for the job?
Fill out your contact details below along with your CV and covering letter
Behind the scenes
Platform and Events Co-Ordinator