Ethicality is the seed that has blossomed into London's only sustainable passenger car service.
How it all started
Why choose London's greenest car servicesfind out more
We want London to lose its reputation as the ‘Big Smoke’. Here at Green Tomato Cars we don’t think that the current air quality in our capital is acceptable. We intend to pave the way to an emission-free London. We are doing something about this problem.
When we launched in 2006, we were London’s first hybrid car service – today, we are the capital’s only sustainable private hire operator.
Since 2020, we have been operating the largest zero-emission passenger fleet in Europe.
As well as driving the greenest vehicles we double offset our unavoidable emissions. See our latest offsetting projects here:
We are ISO 14001 certified, which means we are as clean as can be in the office as well as on the road. And we are ISO 9001 certified – which means we care as much about our performance as we do about our planet!
Businesses need reliability, flexibility and added value from their key suppliers and Green Tomato Cars deliver this by offering a managed service. We work with you to shape the booking experience your organisation requires. Our ethical approach also means we are a credible CSR partner enhancing our customer's sustainability credentials.Become a member
We believe that an ethical approach means before making a decision we always consider our community, the environment and our customers.
We want to make a difference
We believe in supporting our surroundings, including the people that live in them.
- For our community we have a history of supporting staff-selected charities. Since the Covid-19 crisis, we have worked with a number of charities and individuals to help deliver supplies across London.
- We are the official transport partner of Albert, the sustainable film and TV production programme.
- We have planted hundreds of trees in locals parks through our Partnership with Trees for Cities.
- If we transport a woman in labour to the hospital, we plant a tree and name it after the baby.
Working towards a cleaner & greener London
We want London to lose its nickname ‘the Big Smoke’. We don’t think that the current air quality in our capital is acceptable. At Green Tomato Cars we are doing something about this problem.
- We were London’s first hybrid private hire operator – today, we are the capital’s only sustainable operator.
- Since 2020 we have been operating Europe’s largest zero emissions passenger fleet.
- As well as selecting the most eco-friendly vehicles and collecting pollution data we also double-offset the emissions we cannot avoid. This means our carbon footprint is lower than zero emissions (TM).
- We are ISO 14001 certified. That means we are as clean as we can be in the office as well as on the road.
We deliver great customer service
For our customers we deliver honest, transparent pricing and customer service. We offer innovation and adaptability with cutting edge vehicles and a range of booking options: telephone, apps, email and online.
Every customer is important to us – so even if you are not a business account holder we promise still to show you the love!
Did you know:
- We are the only operator to offer Reverse Waiting Time – we pay you if we keep you waiting (account customers only).
- We are ISO 9001 (as well as 14001) certified. That means we place quality and customer satisfaction at the heart of our business.
What made us different then is what makes us special now.
Green Tomato Cars was founded by 2 ex-legal eagles in 2006. Their belief was that a car service can combine high standards and an environmentally focused approach. Fast forward to today and that ethos has proven correct – and remains truer than ever. Whilst other car companies play catch up with technology and environmental laws, we create and embrace change.
From being the first car service in London to operate the Toyota Prius as their flagship vehicle we are now the first to use the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Toyota Mirai.
Our quirky Green Tomato logo dotted all over our vehicles originally caught London’s eye. As we have matured as a business, so has our logo. The locator imagery reflects how seriously we take duty of care, highly visible on our vehicle’s roofs and driver’s name boards.
We deal with people, not numbers. We have always resisted the ‘call sign’ approach when addressing our drivers. We are more “Good morning Jonny”; than “Come in B214”. Beyond this, we ensure all drivers meet the staff in our head office when they start and understand that our management’s open-door policy is a genuine, core element of our business culture.
Travelling with us lightens the load for your body, mind and soul
As an ethically driven company we lead by example and hope to inspire a green movement in the ground transport industry.
Proving travel that weighs light on your spending and the environment, Green Tomato Cars provides the perfect combination of personal and technological – a pioneering car service driving forward facing businesses across London.
When travelling around London in one of our vehicles, sit back and relax in the knowledge that our operations result in lower-than-zero emissions (TM) – as we double offset all our unavoidable emissions.