In the beginning was the tomato...
greentomatocars was launched as London's first green minicab service in March 2006 by Tom Pakenham and Jonny Goldstone.
Starting with only 4 cars from a small riverside office in west London, greentomatocars has become the fastest growing company in the history of London's minicab industry. Our unique offering of a personal, high quality service - married with our promise to use only the greenest vehicles possible "that do the job" - has revolutionised our industry and helped us to become the key player we are now.
Thanks to all our customers, staff and drivers - past and present - who have been so integral to getting us to where we are today.
Our milestones are many, but we have highlighted the most significant below
- March 2006 - launch the UK's first green minicab company
- May 2006 - start working with BSkyB, our first major client (and still with us today)
- September 2006 - grow to 30 cars and move to pan-London coverage
- March 2007 - celebrate our first birthday with arrival of car number 40
- November 2007 - release the greentomatokit, energy saving kits for the home
- February 2008 - launch of greentomatocars Sydney
- October 2008 - win the Industry Leadership Award at the Energy Saving Trust Fleet Hero Awards
- January 2009 - our sister company greentomatoenergy is launched - www.greentomatoenergy.com
- March 2009 - mark our third birthday with the arrival of car 100 and a party for all staff and drivers in Chiswick
- December 2009 - Participate in COP10 by delivering "this place" books to Copenhagen
- February 2010 - Overall Winner at the City of London Sustainable City Awards
- November 2010 - become part of the Transdev Group, the world's leading sustainable transport company
- December 2010 - award-winning video, Lasers on London, is released to wide acclaim
- March 2011 - introduce larger vehicles onto our fleet, fuelled with biodiesel from local Waste Vegetable Oil
- August 2011 - awarded Preferred Supplier status and contract by Heathrow Airport in recognition of our scale, service and green credentials
- September 2011 - launch fare/share, the app for sharing taxis and minicabs in London, www.fareshare.co.uk
- January 2012 - launch the first 100% Electric Vehicles in the UK's minicab industry
- March 2012 - launch "I Love Polar Bears" campaign, promoting our booking App by adopting polar bears, one of the planet's species most endangered by climate change
- June 2012 - launch free wifi, in all of our now 300 cars
- October 2012 - thanks old website, hello new. A brand new digital age for greentomatocars
For more information, please email email@example.com